The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and
South Sumatera. We are now looking for:
DATABASE STORAGE & SYSTEM COORDINATOR
Terms and Condition
Start Date : September, 2016
Duration of Contract : One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area : The Data Storage & System Coordinator will be based in Palembang, South Sumatera
Hours of Work : Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to : Biophysical Data & MER System Manager
Key Purpose of the Job
The Database Storage & System Coordinator will support the Biophysical Data & MER System Manager in data storage/usage assessment as well as the integration plan during the implementation phase.
This position is part of the UKCCU/NICFI Project staffing in South Sumatra.
The UKCCU/NICFI Project works with the Government of South Sumatra, national and district level governments, communities and the private sector to to facilitate and support the government, private sector and local communities, to establish and pilot the sustainable landscape management partnership approach in the Sembilang-Dangku landscape of South Sumatra. The proposed impact of this project is to achieve “Inclusive economic growth and community prosperity, biodiversity conservation, forest protection and restoration, and the ending of deforestation, peatland drainage and wildfires that reduces land-based GHG emissions”.
1. Ensure a proper management data based on ZSL standard and policy
2. Responsible to enter data into a shared database used to support fundraising, development and event initiatives hosted by ZSL or community relations
3. Ensure complete, up-to-date and accurate information by maintaining the referral or other donor requirements for data and information
4. Developing a mechanism/program for running data queries
5. Facilitate request for transferring, movement and or transformation of data. Ensure adhere to legal standards and regulation or at least the argumentation on the legal aspect of the data and information
6. Ensure a secure and timely flow of data within to and from the organization
7. Responsible to provide day-to-day support for internal and external data and information requests regarding to the project implementation
8. Ensure the availability of reports on a routine and as-needed basis
9. Assist in the design, preparation, and completion of reports as needed
10. Create presentations and analyzes data for statistical significance
11. Support the continued application and enhancement of software related to data storage and system
12. Assist with the completion of proposals, grants, and abstracts
13. Other general project-related duties as and when required.
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email
The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
•To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
•To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
• Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
• To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
•To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
•To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
NB: This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive list of tasks and can be varied in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the job or the organisation.
A. Qualifications & Experience
1. Minimum Bachelor degree in information science, computer science, other related background
2. Preferable, the candidates understand and possesses about data and information spatial and GIS knowledge
3. Proven experience in data storage and query system
4. Ideally some experience of writing scientific reports and papers.
5. Previous working experience for an international NGO desirable.
6. Previous work (directly or indirectly) with Government of Indonesia institutions would also be a strong advantage.
1. Solid understanding of Indonesian Government systems, regulations and approaches.
2. Excellent understanding of the work and procedures of the Government of Indonesia.
C. Skills & Abilities
1. Excellent inter-personal and team-building skills.
2. Fluency in written and spoken both English and Bahasa Indonesia.
3. Strong aptitude in public administration and management of development project in the public sector.
4. A high level of computer literacy; competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools.
5. Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team.
6. Good communication skills, preferably a high level of written and spoken English.
7. Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs.
8. Highly motivated
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than August 05, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.