PT Hatfield Indonesia (PTHI) is a Canadian-Indonesian joint venture corporation established in 1990 to provide consulting services in the areas of environmental assessment, natural resources management, geomatics and environmental information systems.
The consortium of CDM-Smith and Hatfield Consultant Partnership has been hired by MCA-Indonesia to run Program Management Consultant (PMC) who will support the implementation of Green Prosperity Project. We are now accepting applicants for the position of GIS & Remote Sensing Specialist in supporting PLUP Division managing and monitoring their PMaP Consultants.
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Contract duration: 10-12 months, with possibility for extension to 4-6 months. The estimated start date is 23 September 2016
JOB DESCRIPTION AND TERMS OF REFERENCE
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and document the mapping contractor’s compliance with contract requirements, including data collection, analysis, quality assurance/quality control and capacity building;
- Evaluate work progress vs. approved schedule and identify key issues that may impact timely completion;
- Monitor and document project close-out activities, including field validation and reports;
- Communicate clearly with non-technical environmental specialists regarding map and data analysis requirements; and
- Perform data accuracy assessment and spatial data management for designated projects.
Specific Requirements (must have):
- At least five years’ experience in the use and operation of ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS for Server.
- Knowledge of remote sensing applications relevant to Hatfield’s business areas. Experience in managing projects or participating in projects as a remote sensing specialist.
- Experience in spatial data acquisition and manipulation. Good knowledge of GIS standards, projections and coordinate systems.
- Experience using an extensive range of satellite or aerial data from different vendors to conduct image analysis to deliver thematic products to clients.
- Knowledge of federal, provincial and global datasets and repositories for GIS datasets.
- Knowledge and experience of spatial data management, including ESRI geo-databases and RDBMS.
- Knowledge and experience in permitting and licensing in natural resources use in Indonesia.
- Knowledge and experience in cadastral and land administration project in Indonesia.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to analyze a case or situation and recommend solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e., verbal and written).
- General computer skills (MS Office suite, etc.).
- Experience and knowledge of field work data collection (preferred).
- Programming skills is an asset (i.e. Python, EASI).
- Demonstrated skills in the effective use and operation of eCognition (preferred).
- Experience conducting client presentation is an asset
- Experience contributing to report and proposal writing is an asset.
- B.Sc. (M.Sc. preferred) in geographical sciences, remote sensing, or related subject.
- Post-graduate qualification in GIS and/or remote sensing.
- Interest in environmental management and applications.
- Experience in a consulting environment (preferred).
- Ability/interest to work in the field, occasionally in remote locations (preferred).
Reply in confidence to email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please mark “GIS-RS Specialist” in your email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.